Irresistible Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
This slow cooked pulled pork is so irresistible you won’t be able to stop yourself from stealing bites while it cooks.
- 4-5 lbs pork shoulder or pork butt patted dry
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- to taste black pepper
Mix together everything except the pork shoulder in a small bowl.
Using your hands, rub the pork shoulder down with the seasoning blend. Be sure to get it completely covered.
Place the pork into the slow cooker and cover.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours, flipping once if desired.
Remove from slow cooker and discard large chunks of fat plus any bones. Shred meat using two forks (or the meat claws).
It’s ready to serve!
I like to return the shredded meat to the juices in the slow cooker after I’m done shredding it. We usually skim the juices to get any remaining bits of fat or bone out before placing the meat back in. For serving, decide what type of meal you want to have
- For pulled pork sandwiches, serve with buns and barbeque sauce
- For tacos, burritos, or bowls, serve with rice, beans, cheese, lettuce, and any other desired toppings.
- For pizza, use my homemade crust or your favorite crust, top with barbeque sauce, pulled pork, and pizza cheese then bake at 400*F until browned and bubbly.
- For Cubanos, smear a mix of mayo and mustard on each slice of a deli roll. Layer pulled pork, swiss cheese, deli ham, and pickles inside. Use a panini press to grill flat until the cheese is gooey. Slice on the diagonal to serve.